“Providing effective and efficient services to our communities”
Algoma District Services Administration Board (ADSAB) was created by the Province through the District Social Services Administrations Boards Act to deliver specified programs in the ADSAB jurisdiction:
- Social Services Programs
- Children’s Services (Child Care and Early Years Act)
- Housing Services (Housing Services Act)
- Ontario Works (Ontario Works Act)
- Paramedic Services
- Land Ambulance (Ambulance Act)
ADSAB is governed by a 12 Member Board representing 20 Municipalities and the Territory Without Municipal Organization (TWOMO).
ADSAB funding is provided from the province and the member municipalities. The provincial contribution is provided through service agreements or legislation for all programs while the municipal share is apportioned to the member municipalities utilizing the approved apportionment model.
The ADSAB jurisdiction is the District of Algoma excluding the City of Sault Ste. Marie and the Sault North Planning Area.
ADSAB Jurisdiction Statistical Information:
- Area = 48,403 square kilometers
- Population = 35,116
- 89% of population is in the incorporated municipal areas and 11% is in the TWOMO area